Members are afforded the opportunity to achieve certification in 14 different Traumatic Stress Specialties. Applicants must complete the Application for Certifications in Traumatic Stress Specialties and provide the requisite documentation of their knowledge, training, education and experience related to the traumatic stress specialty area for which they are applying.
The application can be downloaded and submitted to the Academy offices via email, fax or mail or can be completed online and submitted directly to the Academy.
• CERTIFICATION IN FORENSIC TRAUMATOLOGY (C.F.T)
• CERTIFICATION IN BEREAVEMENT TRAUMA (C.B.T.)
• CERTIFICATION IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (C.D.V.)
• CERTIFICATION IN MOTOR VEHICLE TRAUMA (C.M.V.T.)
• CERTIFICATION IN SEXUAL ABUSE (C.S.A.)
• CERTIFICATION IN DISABILITY TRAUMA (C.D.T.)
• CERTIFICATION IN RAPE TRAUMA (C.R.T.)
• CERTIFICATION IN PAIN MANAGEMENT (C.P.M.)
• CERTIFICATION IN STRESS MANAGEMENT (C.S.M.)
• CERTIFICATION IN ILLNESS TRAUMA (C.I.T.)
• CERTIFIED CRISIS CHAPLAIN (C.C.C.)
• CERTIFICATION IN CHILD TRAUMA (C.C.T)
• CERTIFICATION IN CRISIS INTERVENTION (C.C.I.)
• CERTIFICATION IN WAR TRAUMA (C.W.T.)
Members who achieve a certification through the Traumatic Stress Specialties program may use the following credentials and description to denote their achievement depending on which type of specialty certification achieved:
Robert J. Miller, Ph.D., C.M.V.T.
Certified in Motor Vehicle Trauma
American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
in collaboration with the National Center for Crisis Management
Listed in the International Registry of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
PROGRAM IN TRAUMATIC STRESS SPECIALITIES LINKS
ASSOCIATED CERTIFICATION AND ADVANCED CREDENTIALING LINKS