FRONTLINE ASSISTANT PROGRAM: SUPPORT GROUPS FOR EMERGENCY RESPONDERS AND HEALTHCARE WORKERS
The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, Green Cross Academy of Traumatology and CISM Perspectives are coordinating efforts to offer support for those on the frontlines addressing the medical/physical needs of those afflicted by COVID-19.
If you would like to offer support please complete the application below and submit it. Please only complete the application if you have experience and training in providing supportive/ educational interventions to emergency responders and/or healthcare workers. The information will in turn be widely shared via the Academy's and Green Cross' websites and through distribution of an information flyer to those on the frontlines (click here to view flyer).
When volunteering to provide services you will need to do the following:
- Provide specific time(s) and day(s) when you will provide services (evening and weekend hours would be beneficial if possible)
- Provide services for at least an hour and half per supportive session
- Specify participants of your group (e.g., EMS, police, healthcare)
- Be familiar with Zoom (or similar platform) and have a professional Zoom account ($14.99 per month). A professional Zoom account will allow for multiple individuals to join a group with audio or both video and audio (the participants will choose).
- Provide an email address that will allow individuals to email you communicating their interest in joining your support group. You will in turn send the Zoom group code to the participants after they register.
The Academy and coordinating organizations will do the following:
- Develop a provider list of individuals with the training and experience to address the myriad of issues that frontline workers are experiencing
- List the providers' name and email address, group participants, time(s) and day(s) of groups on the webpages located at aaets.org/frontline-groups and greencross.org.
- Provide a flyer in .pdf format (click here to view flyer) that will be widely distributed to frontline workers with the website addresses of the above mentioned coordinating organizations. As indicated above, the websites will list your name, days and times of your groups and your email address to sign up for the groups
- The Academy and Green Cross will include a disclaimer on their websites that the participants will need to sign and return to you when they register. The Academy recommends that you have the participants sign this disclaimer (click here to view disclaimer).
The above organizations' goal is to coordinate efforts to increase the support available to healthcare workers and emergency responders. By submitting your application, you acknowledge the following:
- Your information may be shared
- The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, Green Cross Academy of Traumatology and CISM Perspectives will not attest to your skills or be responsible for the services you provide
- These services being provided are limited to educational/supportive interventions and that you have been advised by the above organizations not to engage in any type of psychotherapeutic or medical interventions.
APPLICATION FOR VOLUNTEERING
Thank you for submitting your information. You will be notified when your information in posted. Hope you and yours stay safe and healthy.
The was a problem with your submission. Please provide all requested information.